Search This Blog

Friday, June 18, 2010

Headway

Well, this was a good week. I am down to 143.something and have maintained that for a few days. I basically have just been REALLY good about what Im eating, and tracking EVERY calorie I eat with http://www.livestrong.com/myplate You would be really surprised that some stuff is less and some stuff is way more than you think. So basically at the end of the work day, I have an idea of how many calories I have left for the day and can watch it for the evening. Its a fine line and it takes a lot of willpower and forgoing a lot of stuff that Im used to being able to enjoy (tasty treats my co-workers bring in, seconds, mayo on my sandwiches, etc.) BUT I'm being able to do it. And I can have treats; a caramel here, a beer with dinner, a slice of pound cake at work - it's all about how it fits in with the rest of the day's calorie intake. Today will be a challenge. I have already had too much (left over pasta for lunch which is like twice the calories as my usual sandwich), and Im making homemade baked mac and cheese for Ryan for a special dinner. And tomorrow is pizza and beer with friends, so we will see how much of this weight loss Im able to retain by the end of the weekend.

On the exercise front, I have not been as regular. Ive been giving my sleep more of a priority (no more falling asleep at work) but then not as many days to work out. I need to find a way to get in a few more a week because at this point its like 3 times a week, which is way off from the 6 days a week I was doing the first month of this. So I need to get back on that schedule.

Goes to show. They say that loosing weight is like 80% diet and 20% exercise and I can see that is probably true. However, the benefits to being fit and working out are FAR more important than any number on the scale. I want to stay fit to be healthy, and hey, if I look good doing it and get back to a good weight, GREAT. But the diet is for sure the direct correlation to my weight that I need to link and work on for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment