Search This Blog

Thursday, July 5, 2012

I'm Baaaaack!

Well I had pretty much abandoned my physical activities for a while there when I got pregnant with Abby. But Abby is now a year old next Tuesday, so here I am, back. I actually started back maybe 4 months ago (gosh has it really been that long???) with weight watchers. I realized I needed some big change to alter my eating habits, which had gotten out of control and way off balance between being pregnant and nursing & producing so much extra milk.But as Abby got older, and my production tapered off, and our new "normal" life settled in a little bit more, I needed to make some changes.

I apologize as some of this recap is redundant from my regular blog, but long story short I did weight watchers for a few months. Great kick start, a lot of wonderful information that I still use and will continue to use. I lost 5 full lbs on that, then flat lined and came to the conclusion that it was finally time to add back in some kind of physical routine. So I pretty much went off of WW, and set out to figure out a workout routine. It wasnt going to happen outside of work, I knew that, so I started running on lunch breaks a few times a week. It was the same (for the most part) run I used to do while going to Muir at UC San Diego, so it also held that nostalgia for me. Its worked out great and I've toned up a huge amount and now fit in all my old clothes. 

I also recently just got my body fat tested again, and I had lost a full 6+ lbs of pure fat from the last time. My lean mass was less, (down to around 101 lbs) was less than last time, probably due to water weight. So my "goal" weight would be another 5 lbs, at around 130, would make a HUGE difference on my frame, and would put me at around 22% body fat. Totally doable, healthy and lookin good. Easier said than done though! Abby's 1st birthday party is next weekend, and I really wanted to loose it by then to look great for the pictures but I dont know if that is going to happen at this point!

I also a little bit ago took pictures again in my "skinny" jeans from way back when and I'll add them to this post when I have time. They do fit, but not enough to wear around/out. That last 5 lbs would make that difference!

If all else fails, we have our backpacking trip in Jan or Feb, and I wont be following Ryan's recommended diet while hiking, so hopefully this time I will lean up on the trail. :0)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, I do love Ryan's recommended diet for hiking trips... you should do a post just on that menu!!

    You do look great and I think it is great that you are making sure to take care of yourself... not many mom of small kids "allow" themselves that so called luxury.

    ReplyDelete